3.1

I recently had major surgery on my ankle and have had to use the knee scooter due to being non-weight bearing for 6 weeks. I have fallen 5 times within 5 weeks.

My first fall was not even 24 hours after surgery. I ended up in the ED 2 days in a row from the intense increased pain, and the fear that I had damaged the surgical area. They had to double my pain meds to decrease the pain. The ED staff told me that they are seeing more and more people coming in with scooter falls.

Issue #1) The brakes are loose/wiggly. They move back and forth and up and down. This causes the wheels to catch on occasion when changing surfaces. Issue #2) The handle bar, when adjusted to my correct height, literally slams downward, causing unbalance, when I place both hands on it to move forward.

Or, perhaps it holds out temporarily until I go to change surfaces - then slams down, throwing me off balance. Another example of how I fell once. I am beyond ticked off. Who needs pain when they're already recovering from surgery ??

No one !! I have had to rely on this scooter 100 % mobility wise, not to mention for safety and it HASN'T done its job safely. I am a former gymnast so my balance is very good. I've caught myself many other times and saved myself a fall.

After each fall, I have had increased pain and had to use ice packs all night to sleep. These falls have exacerbated other areas of injury that I have, causing extra pain, and swelling.

I took this scooter in to have it repaired, and they seemed slightly concerned that I'd fallen that much, but I needed to be ask twice for them to fix the brake. I am worn out, angry, and while I have been grateful when it's helped me, I'm unbelievably disappointed in this product and the extra pain, not to mention chance for a second surgery that it has caused.

Review about: Drive Medical Walker.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Never will buy drive medical.

I didn't like: Bad design and not safe.

Comments